Missing your routine of getting a Starbucks coffee every morning before your commute to work, the bustling noise in the café and the shuffling of people accompanying your morning thoughts as the queue to come face-to-face with the friendly barista becomes ever-shorter with every passing moment? Well, you may now recreate some of your favourite Starbucks drink recipes at home — sans overly friendly barista, of course.
Iced Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
This is a fan favourite of many for many years and so far, no one has been able to fully recreate the beloved beverage at home… until now. Rejoice! We have uncovered the secret to creating the perfect iced caramel macchiato that you can make from the comfort of home and enjoy while you’re working from home or, ahem, while you’re mulling about playing games outside the watchful eyes of your managers.For some added spice to the classic taste, try replacing the vanilla syrup with toffee nut syrup for a nuttier flavour.
14 oz. of milk/almond milk
2 tbsp vanilla syrup
2 oz. espressoIce
Caramel sauce to your liking
1. Steep your espresso. While that’s going, warm up the milk and froth using a milk frother. If you do not own a milk frother, you can still use a regular whisk to whisk the milk until it becomes foamy.
2. When the espresso is ready, pour it into a measuring cup. Add vanilla syrup and the frothed milk to a separate cup. Pour the espresso on top of the frothy milk.
3. Using a squirt bottle, make two caramel drizzle circles around the edges of a cup, then grate a pattern in the middle. Fill the cup with ice. Pour everything in the measuring cup into the said cup and enjoy.
Green Tea Frappuccino
Ah yes, the classic green tea frap topped with whipped cream and a healthy sprinkle of chocolate powder is certainly a drink to die for. And contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to be a green tea maestro to recreate this beauty at home.
You simply need a few ingredients, as well as the proper technique to make one of Starbuck’s greatest hits
1 cup full-fat milk/milk alternative
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1½ tbsp premium Japanese matcha green tea powder
1. First, prepare the premium Japanese matcha green tea powder in a separate cup according to packaging instructions. Whisk until smooth using a whisk or matcha whisk.
2. Pour the matcha drink, milk, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and around 10 ice cubes in a blender. Blend all of the ingredients until a smooth, creamy consistency is reached. Ensure that the colour of the drink is also even.
3. Top with some whipped cream (optional) and enjoy immediately.
Iced Vanilla Latte
This recipe involves the tried and true method of combining the mellow sweetness of vanilla with the fragrant aroma of espresso. Best of all, you may make this drink with three ingredients at home, within a fraction of the price!
2 cups cold coffee
1/2 cup milk/milk alternative
2 tbsp vanilla syrup
1 cup ice
1. In a glass, fill in the ice and set it aside.
2. Mix together the coffee, milk, and vanilla syrup. Pour over the iced glass.
3. Enjoy with a heaping portion of whipped cream on top, peppered with cinnamon powder or drink as is.